What is Ancestral Medicine?
Ancestral Medicine is a type of spiritual repair work that addresses deep attachment and cultural wounds through contact and meditative time with spirits of your ancestral lineage. Ancestral Medicine work is a process of guiding and training you to cultivate your capacity for deep and good connection with blood-lineage ancestors that are well in spirit, and to invoke their support for healing generational trauma and cultural wounding through your ancestral line.
For decades in my psychotherapy practice I’ve helped people with unresolved intergenerational trauma and wounding that caused them to feel limited in their peace and freedom. We all come from somewhere, as do our mothers and fathers, and their mothers and fathers, on through time. The field of Epigenetics is rapidly proving that our strengths and our burdens exist in our very blood and bone. Ancestral Medicine is one of the missing links I’ve found that repairs this intergenerational trauma and cultural wounding.
Ancestral Medicine work as I practice it was developed by Dr. Daniel Foor, a wonderfully grounded person who has his PhD in Psychology, and an intact, healthy relationship with Spirituality. (For more info see: ancestralmedicine.org) In his own words he reports, “I’ve realized that, contrary to fear and popular misconceptions, working with the ancestors may actually make you less –rather than more– strange.”
How Can Ancestral Healing Help Me?
While all personal development work is important (and it is — Ancestral Medicine is no replacement for psychotherapy), I can testify that if you’ve done your personal work but still feel burdened and blocked by repeating themes, doing ancestral lineage repair work is the missing link. It’s the most beautiful compliment to psychotherapy, and it is deeply therapeutic in nature. I have seen it change lives (mine included), and create deep connection with living loved ones.
Every person I’ve guided through Ancestral Medicine has experienced profound peace in their hearts, souls, and spirits.
In my 46 years of experience, I’ve seen heritable undercurrents play out in people’s psyche and their worldview. In all of my years of devoted practice and experiences with spiritual connection and personal development, Ancestral Medicine work is the medicine that codifies and grounds what’s awesome about you (your strengths), and is the needed antidote to address your often-unseen burdens.
Ancestral Medicine is Right For You If:
- You’ve done psychotherapy or a lot of personal development, but can’t overcome certain experiences that feel like burdens
- You’re living in limiting beliefs and a sense of lack
- You want to heal intergenerational patterns of family dysfunction
- You long to know your truest self, and you yearn for the relief of finally coming home to who you are
- You long for a deeper sense of meaning
- You want to know what secure attachment feels like
- You wish you felt supported and loved no matter what
- You want to experience a deeper sense of groundedness and calm
- You need better boundaries in the living and subtle realms
- You want to repair your epigenetically informed psychology
- You want to have more space and neutrality with your living family’s choices and ways of being